LRO: Megatester

From: Jeff Berg (jeff@purpleshark.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 22:12:38 EDT

    Thought this might be of interest to some. I was flipping through
    this month's issue of Water Flying and found an ad for this device
    that converts a Mini Maglite into a continuity checker for
    unenergized circuits and devices while maintaining it's functionality
    as a flashlight. Personally, I think it should be called the
    Minitester as it really performs only one function--but I'm not
    saying that's a bad thing.

    The MegatesterdDoesn't replace a multi-meter...but might make a nice
    addition to one's emergency kit--just add a 12-volt test lamp.

    (Go ahead, treat yourself to a viewing of the hoaky "boat show demo"
    video and check out the product at <http://www.megatester.com>.)

    I confess. I'll probably order four of them and add it to all of the
    mini-mags that are sitting around. Just when I was switching over to
    plasic bodied "penlights" too...

    jeff