Re: LRO: Wiring advice?

From: Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus (Alan_Richer@Lotus.com)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 20:57:31 EDT

    Gerry, were I you I'd think about 2 separate systems - the generic harness
    for the essentials and a complete separate secondary harness for the radio
    gear and the goodies. Add to this a tertiary harness for lights and
    rear-body essentials run off the radio battery and I think that weould be
    the best bet.

    THis way, you can lose the radio buss completely and still see to fix the
    effing thing (and you know it will happen). Also, you can blow all the
    circuits in the back boy on the split battery and still get home with the
    independent basic harness - no fuss no muss no BS.

    Fuses - LOTS of fuses - or a circuit breaker panel. Main fuses for all the
    harnesses at the batteries to prevent smoke shows if you clip a wire, too.

    Just my .02 - Alan