Re: LRO: Series Gas Mileage

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 20:05:18 EDT

    My 109 pick up with 2.5 cam and 32/26 Weber is getting 13.5mpg. Driving
    typically involves a 1000' altitude gain/loss each way, some 4wd on a daily
    basis so mileage would be to the low end of what you should expect. My 88's
    typically deliver 15mpg for same type of driving but with a bone stock 2
    1/4. Have gotten 18mpg at 55mph in all highway driving.

    The only time mileage has ever dropped below 13mpg, there was something
    wrong.

    Aloha
    Peter Ogilvie
    Kona Coffee Rover
    1970 88 soft top, 'huli' Mine since '84 but recovering
         from exposure of the dark side.
    1966 109 pickup 'slime' In my garage since '90, finally running.
    1965 88 parts car, slowly sinking into the lava.
    196? 88 hard top, possibly 'phoenix' if it rises, it will
         certainly be from ashes or at least a pile of rust