Re: LRO: Re:Sagging springs, why.

From: Gbrovers@aol.com
Date: Sun May 13 2001 - 23:38:43 EDT

    In a message dated 4/27/01 6:45:43 PM, BSharp4601@aol.com writes:

    << My sincere apologies to Bill Davis at Great basin Rovers for my being a
    PITA.
     If I'd known the problem was with the "experienced" spring shop in the first
    place, it would have saved a lot of grief for both of us. Bill went the
    extra distance to help me try to solve the problem. >>

    Bob
        Now I know why I got the second set of springs returned un-installed! I
    was thinking you were losing it but didn't have the time to contact you to
    find out what was going on.
        You weren't a PITA but I have to admit selling suspension components can
    be. Land Rover considered a 1" variation in spring height to be within spec
    but try telling that to someone that just spent $500 on a new suspension. I
    wouldn't consider it acceptable so I don't expect you to either.
        Leaf springs are a fairly crude technology - design and manufacturing, so
    some variations are normal. We match up all of the springs we send out by
    setting them on the shop floor and comparing heights etc.
        We still sell parabolic springs but have to admit we have de-emphasized
    them a bit. We're not sure we have ever made a dime selling them!

    Bill
    GBR