Re: LRO: Re: Los Angeles Times article

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 19:19:49 EDT

    On Wed, 2 May 2001, Tim Czajka wrote:

    :Tom Gross wrote:
    :>Also, GM and AM General are seriously talking about making a bob-tail
    :>version of the Hummer H2 - whatever that is.
    :>
    :The Hummer H2 is supposedly a go. It will be a smaller
    :version of the Hummer. GM wants to leverage the Hummer
    :brand. Although - based on what I read it is quite
    :different from the real Hummer in suspension etc. It
    :uses many off the shelf GM truck parts. I was kind of
    :shocked at the 40 - 50 grand price tag.
    :

    They're certainly building the production line. It's on the AM General lot
    in Mishawaka Indiana, where they build the HMMV and civilian Hummer. I
    drove by the lot in early march, (my parents live a couple miles away, and I
    went to high school almost next door.) and it was just a hole in the ground.
    I think I still have the clippings my parents sent me from the local paper.
    It's got very little, if anything, in common with the Hummer, except for
    looks. It's much smaller, and has running gear based on GM truck stuff.

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com
    Bipedalism is only a fad.