LRO: RE: coiler&leafer content

From: Perrone Ford (ford_p@nettally.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 23:21:09 EDT

    Welcome to the world of rock-crawling! Go unprepared, expect to pay big
    money! That's why I have resisted the urge of the "Moab of the east".
    Curious though. You mention that you sheared two RR axles and then mention
    series axles! You seem to be implying that they are different somehow.
    They are not. They are made of the same steel, and have the same number of
    splines. They are even the same diameter. That is why no one wheels on the
    rocks on stock RR axles. And why no one uses lockers on those same weak
    axles.

    Instead of going the long route, why not just call up Great Basin Rovers,
    and get the 10 spline to 24 spline conversion kit and get an ARB or a
    Detroit? Seems a lot less involved than what you are about to go through.

    -Perrone