RE: LRO: RE: Rivet guns (was: Air Compressors)

From: Ben Mitchell (ben@mitchellfamily.com)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 01:05:48 EDT

    Got one (air riveter - real rivets, not pop) in the garage.

    Haven't used it yet, but I've got a lot of rivets to drive for the 88" I'm
    rebuilding. Rivet guns are not cheap, but according to everything I read,
    it's a bad idea to use an air hammer for rivets. Actually just coming up on
    the first application for the thing so I ordered some rivets from McMaster
    Carr this afternoon. One batch of steel ones (for steel panels to the
    firewall) and one batch of aluminium ones (for everthing else).

    Will let y'all know how it goes.

    -Ben