LRO: Re: Marin the angry chef

From: Faure, Marin (Marin.Faure@PSS.Boeing.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 21:00:58 EDT

    Bill-

    Sorry for jumping to conclusions. Given the recent number of
    posts strongly objecting to my comments on "what's a Land
    Rover," "youth," et al, I assumed you were simply continuing
    the "Marin's posts are long, boring, and objectionable" thread(s).
    I'm not normally too sensitive to criticism, but this whole thing has
    been going on WAY too long (mostly my fault, I guess), so when
    I saw your Swedish Chef thing I figured, great, here's another person
    trying to nail me for being overly verbose and offensive. Combine
    that with a bad day at the office (the idiots in charge of computers
    around here are constantly "improving" our software, with the result
    that you spend a day undoing their improvements to get the things to
    work right again), and you get the things I said. I hope that explains
    why I over-reacted, although it doesn't excuse it. Someone I respect
    a lot who used to work here told me once that you really have to be
    careful with e-mail, because like a bullet from a gun, you can't call
    it back once you hit SEND. His advice was to wait a day before
    sending a strong reply to someone else's message, as things might
    look different in the morning. It is excellent advice, and I didn't
    follow it this time. For that I apologize.
    C. Marin Faure
      (original owner)
      1973 Land Rover Series III-88
      1991 Range Rover Vogue SE