LRO: Power

From: Robert Ries (robert_ries09459@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 21:38:50 EDT

    Earlier in this thread someone mentioned that plutonium supply
    is limited.
    BS it keeps ticking, doesn't occur anywhere naturally (yes its
    man-made),
    and produces lots of energy.

    Use low wattage bulbs, recycle, don't get emotional and protest
    (nobody
    listens to a raving idiot anyway), get educated, do something
    smart.

    Oh and what Marin said about Kids, that too.

    Hurricane Mitch

    Hey Mitch, I think that was me, I'm sorry, you're right. IIRC
    plutonium is made in breeder reactors from uranium? But isn't
    the uranium supply limited? (at least until we can get
    off-earth resources in our grasp.) I was a physics major 14
    years ago, but dropped out due to a drinking/skiing/skipping
    class/chasing women problem. It sure shows some days, don't it?
     Help!

    =====
    Robert D. Ries
    SSgt, USAF