Re: LRO: Dizzy repair (was crap, crap, crap)

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 11:32:29 EDT

    >Might be a good time to go to a Crane or the like electronic points
    >replacement. the Cranes optical shutter doesn't mind a bit of shaft wobble.

    The Pertronics is a hall effect element breakerless system. Like the
    crane, set it properly once and forget it as the timing will remain as
    spot on as the distributor allows it to. The advantage of a Pertronix
    unit is that it fits completely inside the distributor cap with no
    outside module.

    An engine relys upon a tight timing chain and a distributor that delivers
    a spark at just the right time for maximum performance and fuel
    efficency. Many people don't seem to mind driving with worn out parts.
    My personal preference is to have everything in very good to excellent
    condition. I feel it increses the vehicle's efficency and reliability.
    Those two aspects are important to me as a woman traveling long distances
    alone.

    Everyone maintains their Land Rover or Land Rover like vehicle (Didn't
    want to resume that discussion here) to the level they personally feel
    comfortable with.

    TeriAnn Wakeman Marigold Ltd.
    Santa Cruz, California Web design, site updating, testing
    webmaster@overlander.net search engine optimization, graphics
                                  and more

    http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html