LRO: Re: LRO Mailing List DIGEST * * * * V1 #319: Weber carb warming

From: Bruce Powell (bruce@premier-theater.com)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 13:30:13 EDT

    Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 08:08:35 -0300
    From: john.cranfield@ns.sympatico.ca (John Cranfield)
    Subject: Re: LRO: Webber Carb question.

    Sure, why not? you use to warm your toes.
    John and Muddy

    christian147@juno.com wrote:

    > Coolant to prevent carb icing?
    >
    > Chris hall

    I own a custom built Sand rail that is Turbocharged and had a problem with
    the turbo and intake body(between carb and turbo) iceing up. what i did to
    resolve the problem was to wrap tubing around the exhaust side of the turbo
    then over to the air side of the turbo that was iceing up then out to a high
    quality fuel pump out of the pump to a small oil type cooler then to the hot
    side of the turbo. In return I have the hot coolant from the exhaust side
    warming up the frosted up air side then going to the pump and out to a
    cooler and around and around it goes.
    Have been useing it that way for 1 1/2 years now...going to port injection
    now for better fuel management. And all this on a VW motor
    Hope it gives you some ideas
    Bruce Powell
    1996 Range Rover 4.0SE